The IAB, Headteacher and Staff of Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Primary School welcome you to our school website. Our mission states God is at the centre of our lives and is at the heart of everything that we do. We aim to be a school where Christ is at the centre, and children are at the heart of everything we think, say and do.
As part of this we follow the Church’s liturgical year and promote fairness, respect and tolerance through our Statements to Live by and also our study of other faiths and cultures.
You can find out about our school by viewing our classes and seeing what exciting learning is taking place in each year group. Also you could visit our school diary or read the weekly newsletters to keep up to date with all the latest information.
At Our Lady of the Rosary we are very proud of our children and enjoy celebrating their achievements and success.
We also offer a range of different after school activities and are very proud of our Breakfast Club and After School Club.
We hope that you enjoy visiting our website and can find all the information you need. If not, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
Our Mission Statement
Christ at the centre, children at the heart
God is always with us. We aim to make our school a better place by following the teaching of Jesus and loving one another.
God is at the centre of our lives and is at the heart of everything that we do. We aim to foster an environment in which we can grow both spiritually and academically and which reflects the love and teachings of Jesus Christ.
We will promote this through the following areas:
- Forgiveness and reconciliation is at the heart of the school
- Participating in daily prayer and reflection
- Fulfilling the spiritual needs of the community
- Supporting each individual on their spiritual journey
- Catholic ethos is at the heart of school life
- Catholic faith is nurtured in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Our children are engaged in the sacramental life of the church
- Christian values and a sense of justice for the whole world are evident in the actions of the whole community
- Offering a wide range of learning experiences and opportunities
- On-going professional development of staff
- Delivering high quality education
- Being good role models
- Delivering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- Providing children with consistent rules and consequences
- Nurturing each child’s God given gifts and talents
We aim through these areas to have:
- Children who are valued as individuals and encouraged to reach their full potential in a safe, loving and secure environment
- Children who are confident and have high self esteem
- Children who are well behaved, have good manners and feel valued
- Children who have the freedom to express their opinions to enable a shared understanding of individuals’ values and lifestyles
- Children who take responsibility for their own learning
- Children who are eager to learn and are prepared for the next stage in their school life
- Children who respect the differences of others
- A community where good levels of communication exist between staff, children, parents, parish
- A community where positive friendships and relationships are developed
- A community where everyone treating each other with respect
- A community where difficult questions are explored without fear or recrimmination
- A community where people work together to support each other
- A community where each person feels accepted and valued
- A community who understand that with rights comes responsibilities
- A community who celebrate achievements and successes